Ages ranging from 5 to 7 years old. The main goal is for kids to have fun.
- They have a limited attention span and capacity for reasoning.
- They need to move.
- Limited coordination.
- They do not retain information.
- Oriented towards lots of action.
- Fun games
- Visual information: demonstrations.
- Few golf balls: changing activities.
- A dynamic, participatory class.
- Short verbal instructions.
- The right golf clubs.
With this age group more than others, we change up the activities at different stations to work on: warming up, short game, putting, long game, developing skills and practicing on the course.
Ages ranging from 8 to 10 years old. With these groups of children, it is important for them to make friends within the group, especially for the girls. As a teacher, it is very important to tell them they are doing things right and adapt the tasks they perform to each child’s level. Only the basics are worked on when it comes to technique.
- Greater capacity for memory and attention span.
- Greater ability to understand.
- Developing a better self-image.
- Greater ability to communicate.
- Improving self-esteem.
- Exercises on golf’s goals and rules.
- Competition simulations.
- Rewarding achievements and effort.
In this age group, we continue working at the stations mentioned for the preceding group.
Ages from 11 years old to teenagers: We can become more demanding. We begin with more specific techniques, depending on each group’s level. With these groups of kids, competition begins to increase in importance.
- Physical and psychological changes.
- Increasing strength.
- Specializing in the sport.
- Exercises to simulate competition.
- Growing accustomed to routines.
- Beginning to develop specific skills.
- Increasing technical information on the swing.
With this age group, we no longer complete work at the stations and instead move towards placing greater importance on the physical and technical aspects, developing skills involving the ball’s trajectory, etc., and practicing on the actual course when the players have reached a high enough level.